We believe God's mission is the reconciliation of all things. Our honor and responsibility as the church is to be the Body of Christ, partnering with Him to carry out that mission here and now. We have a Missions Commission that meets on the fourth Thursday of each month to plan, oversee, and evaluate our attempts to plug into the larger mission that God is calling us to. You're invited and encouraged to come to these meetings to dream with us as we strive to carry out our small part of the mission.
- QUMC Cares is a special offering taken the 4th Sunday of each month with proceeds going directly to Quakertown Cares. Each month, Quakertown Cares will reach out to a local family or individual who is in need of monetary assistance.
Food Pantry Collections
We are continually collecting food and toiletries. Items brought to church may be placed in the shopping cart in the entryway. Also, be on the look-out for our spring. summer, and fall "drive-in" food drives. These foods are donated to the FEAST Food Pantry in Trumbauersville.
Back to School Supplies
In addition to food items, Missions has an annual collection drive for school supplies. Items are packaged and given to local food pantries, who distribute school supplies to local families.
Wawa Food Donation Connection
QUMC Missions has teamed up with the Wawa Food Donation Connection program, which makes it possible to donate some of Wawa’s popular hot food express items to the local Quakertown Food Pantry. A Missions member goes to Wawa each and every Wednesday morning, gathers Wawa hot food items, and delivers these items to the Quakertown Food Pantry.
Code Blue Shelter
The Quakertown Community has a Code Blue Shelter. Missions prepares food for the shelter.
The Missions Commission also supports a number of annual and/or ongoing initiatives. Here's a brief listing of those ministries.
- Kensington Area Churches: is a group of partnering churches in North Philadelphia. We've partnered with these churches in a number of ways over the years- QUMC collects back to school supplies in the fall and brings in Christmas presents for individual children in the winter. For more information about QUMC's involvement with Kensington Area Churches, contact our Missions Commission.
- Jerusalem House Ministries: Jerusalem House is committed to establishing a ministry in inner-city Allentown that ministers material and evangelical and discipleship services to those who church and society find it most difficult to reconcile to Jesus and the community in which they live. We support Jerusalem House with Thanksgiving turkeys and Easter hams, by partnering with their leader, Dan Adams, and by upholding the ministry in prayer.
- Red Bird Mission: Red Bird Mission, located in Kentucky, empowers individuals and advocates justice by providing spiritual, educational, health, and community outreach programs. The ministry includes a K-12 school, medical and dental clinics, community outreach, economic opportunities, and housing improvement. QUMC supports Red Bird with an annual donation.
- Red Cross Blood Drives: We faithfully support, advocate for, and host a number of blood drives each year. For more information about our local blood drives- visit our website, especially noting the 'Calendar' page and 'Current Highlights' section on the homepage.
- United Methodist Blanket Sunday: Blanket Sunday is a mission of Church World Service. Funds are collected and used to purchase and ship blankets worldwide and within the U.S., as well as to support a variety of self-help textile-oriented development projects through its partner agencies. When possible, blankets are purchased closer to the scene of a disaster in order to speed delivery and spur local economies. This past year, QUMC raised over $800 on blanket Sunday.
- QUMC Annual Chicken Barbeque and Bake Sale: One hundred percent of the proceeds from the Chicken Barbeque support our various missions objectives. The date for the dinners will be highlighted on the 'Calendar' section of the site, as well as on the 'Current Highlights' section of the homepage as the date nears.
- QUMC's Recycling Program: God created the earth; we are called to be stewards of God's creation. Make a difference now and begin to recycle your paper. QUMC has a recycling program where you can constructively get rid of your newspapers, magazines, shopping catalogs, school and office papers, and even junk mail. Place your papers in the green and yellow Abitibi Paper Retriever bins located at the rear of our parking lot. Your involvement helps save landfill space, cleans up the environment, and the proceeds we receive go to our missions programs.
- Missionaries: We support missionaries. Dr. Brenda Forbes, located in Nicaragua, is our newest missionary. We also continue to support Eliberto and Molly Juarex, who are serving in El Salvador.
- Adopt-a-Family: A program of the Bucks County Opportunity Council, allows Missions to support a family throughout the year with gifts at birthdays and holidays.
- Quakertown Community School District Reduced Lunch Program: QUMC members team up with the Quakertown School District. Our members donate the funds to cover the lunch cost of several familiies on the reduced lunch program. Quakertown School District members find the famiillies in need of additional monies.
- Loaves and Fishes: The Quakertown Ministerium sponsors monthly dinners at Trinity Lutheran Chucrh of Quakertown. Our Missions Team sponsors the May dinner.
- Independence Court Of Quakertown: QUMC's Missions Team heads to Independence Court once or twice a year to sponsor a church service. Our members conduct a church service for the residents.