Worship Schedule Change
After prayerful and careful analysis of our worship services, Pastor Rick and the Worship Team are putting forth a change in our worship schedule that will allow for a less rushed schedule of our services and Sunday School (starting Rally Day, September 12), beginning Labor Day Sunday, September 5th, 2021.
This proposed schedule does not have a Contemporary Service timeslot. The reality at QUMC, at this time, is that we do not have enough musicians who are willing to, or who can, commit to carrying a contemporary service each and every Sunday. Bethan Neely and Jerry Elder are actively collaborating with and seeking musicians. We feel it would be unwise to require individuals to commit to a worship service each Sunday at this present juncture. This is exactly what caused the burn-out and failure of our past contemporary service. As we build up the band, musicians will be invited to play and sing at either of our worship services, as their schedules allow.
Therefore, our new worship and Sunday School schedule at QUMC is:
8:30 to 9:30 am - Worship
9:45 to 10:45 - Sunday School for Children and Adults
11 am to 12 noon - Worship
We feel that this schedule allows for more fellowship between worshippers and less stress for the pastor, musicians, and Sunday School teachers. Our hope is that the 30 minute change, for the 8 and 9 am attendees, will not be viewed as great enough to be a problem.
QUMC COVID PROTOCOL: APPROVED JULY 1, 2021 *UPDATED FEBRUARY 10 2022*
- Our church will return to 100% capacity in the sanctuary and in all rooms in the
- Fully vaccinated persons will no longer be required to wear masks indoors or
outdoors. We encourage unvaccinated persons, however, to mask and maintain
social distancing per CDC guidelines. Parents are encouraged to make a
decision for their child(ren) as they engage in ministry.
- All persons in the sanctuary, whether masked or unmasked, may now sing and
responsively pray and recite aloud.
- All hymnals and bibles will be returned to the pews unbanded.
- Social distancing will not be required for fully vaccinated persons.
- Fully vaccinated persons may remain unmasked in the kitchen. We encourage
unvaccinated persons to wear a mask and social distance while in the kitchen.
Those who would like to volunteer to work in the kitchen should be aware that
those people who are in the kitchen may not all be vaccinated.
- Outside groups will now be allowed to use our facility. Each group must
complete the Use of Building form for approval by Trustees as coordinated by the
Church Office. We encourage those who are unvaccinated to wear masks and
- Masks and hand sanitizer will now be offered at the Welcome Table.
- When the positivity rate in Bucks County spikes to 15% or greater, weekly updates of the positivity rate and hospitalizations will be provided in the bulletin and on the scrolling TV slideshow in the Narthex so that people can be informed in their decision- making process about masking.