We believe God's mission is the reconciliation of all things. Our honor and responsibility as the church is to be the Body of Christ, partnering with Him to carry out that mission here and now. We have a Missions Commission that meets on the fourth Thursday of each month to plan, oversee, and evaluate our attempts to plug into the larger mission that God is calling us to. You're invited and encouraged to come to these meetings to dream with us as we strive to carry out our small part of the mission.
- QUMC Cares is a special offering taken the 4th Sunday of each month which will go directly to Quakertown Cares. Each month, Quakertown Cares will reach out to a local family or person who is in need of help.
- Share Easter Dinner with Jerusalem House and their neighbors by donating hams and non-perishable side dishes. Please have everything to the church by April 12th. Place hams in the refrigerator and side dishes on the counter labeled JH.
- Ham Dinner -- April 29th from 4 to 7 pm. Adults $9, Children (ages 4 to 10) $4. Eat In or Take Out.
- Loaves and Fishes Community Dinner -- May 4th at Trinity Lutheran Parish Hall on Hellertown Avenue, dinner served at 5:45 pm. All are welcome.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive -- May 5th, 2 to 7 pm. Sign up in Narthex or online.
Wash out your empty aluminum cans, stomp them flat, and deposit them in the cinderblock area behind the church pavilion for recycling.
This last quarter we raised $41 to help pay for food for the dinners we serve.
Food Pantry Collections
We are continually collecting food and other goods. Items may be placed in the shopping cart in the entryway.
*PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE PLASTIC SHOPPING BAGS FOR NOW
The Missions Commission also supports a number of annual and/or ongoing initiatives. Here's a brief listing of those ministries.
- Kensington Area Churches is a group of partnering churches in North Philadelphia. We've partnered with them in a number of ways over the years, including hosting kids during the summer, collecting back to school supplies in the fall, and bringing in Christmas presents for individual children in the winter. For more information about QUMC's involvement with Kensington Area Churches, contact our Missions Commission.
- Jerusalem House Ministries. Jerusalem House is committed to establishing a ministry in inner-city Allentown that ministers material, evangelical, and discipleship services to those who church and society find it most difficult to reconcile to Jesus & the community in which they live. We support Jerusalem House with Thanksgiving turkeys and Easter hams, by partnering with their leader, Dan Adams, and by upholding the ministry in prayer.
- Red Bird Mission. Red Bird Mission, located in Kentucky, empowers individuals and advocates justice by providing spiritual, educational, health, and community outreach programs. The ministry includes a K-12 school, medical and dental clinics, community outreach, economic opportunities, and housing improvement. QUMC supports Red Bird with our annual toy drive and with financial and prayer support.
- Red Cross Blood Drives. We faithfully support, advocate for, and host a number of blood drives each year. For more information about the need to donate blood and about the Red Cross in general, please click the link above. For more information about our local blood drives, continue visit our website, especially noting the 'Calendar' page and 'Current Highlights' section on the homepage.
- United Methodist Blanket Sunday. Blanket Sunday is a mission of Church World Service. Funds are collected and used to purchase and ship blankets worldwide and within the U.S., as well as to support a variety of self-help textile-oriented development projects through its partner agencies. When possible, blankets are purchased closer to the scene of a disaster in order to speed delivery and spur local economies. This past year, QUMC raised over $800 on blanket Sunday.
- CROP Walk. The CROP (Communities Responding to Overcome Poverty) Walk is an opportunity for church members and neighbors to walk together to take a stand against hunger in our world. Together we raise awareness and funds for international relief and development, as well as local hunger-fighting. For more information, click the link above.
- Quakertown Food Pantry and Milford Food Pantry. We partner with local food pantries to do all we can to provide for the needs of those in our community. As soon as you enter our building, you'll notice a shopping cart just inside the doors to the left. We encourage our members to fill this cart up as frequently as possible, as all donations are taken to the food pantry. What would it mean for our community, our mission, and our witness if every time we came through the doors of our church we remembered those in need of a little grace?
- QUMC Annual Spaghetti Dinner, Ham Dinner and Chicken Barbeque. Each year we hold three dinners that are open to the public. 100% of the proceeds support our various missions objectives. The date for the dinners will be highlighted on the 'Calendar' section of the site as well as on the 'Current Highlights' section of the homepage as the date nears.
- QUMC's Recycling Program. God created the earth; we're called to be stewards of God's creation. Make a difference now and begin to recycle your paper. QUMC has a recycling program where you can constructively get rid of your newspapers, magazines, shopping catalogs, school and office papers, and even junk mail. Place your papers in the green and yellow Abitibi Paper Retriever bins located at the rear of our parking lot. Your involvement helps save landfill space, clean up the environment, and the proceeds we receive go to our missions programs. We also recycle Aluminum Cans. Aluminun can money helps with the cost of our Spaghetti Dinner.
- Adopt-a-Family. A program of the Bucks County Opportunity Council, we support a family throughout the year with gifts at birthdays and holidays. Most are single parent households where the parent is attending school to become self sufficient.