Join us as Sunday School returns to in-person classes! We will kick off with our Rally Day on Sunday, September 12 at 9:45 a.m. in the Sanctuary. Sunday School classes are for all ages! Following the 11:00 service that day will be a church picnic.
Given recent updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the State of
Pennsylvania, and the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church
recommending that capacity and masking orders be lifted for all residents of
Pennsylvania both indoors and outdoors (except for health care settings and public
transportation), Quakertown United Methodist Church’s COVID protocol has been
revised and approved by Church Council to reflect these changes.
QUMC COVID PROTOCOL: APPROVED JULY 1, 2021
- Our church will return to 100% capacity in the sanctuary and in all rooms in the
- Fully vaccinated persons will no longer be required to wear masks indoors or
outdoors. We encourage unvaccinated persons, however, to mask and maintain
social distancing per CDC guidelines. Parents are encouraged to make a
decision for their child(ren) as they engage in ministry.
- All persons in the sanctuary, whether masked or unmasked, may now sing and
responsively pray and recite aloud.
- All hymnals and bibles will be returned to the pews unbanded.
- Social distancing will not be required for fully vaccinated persons.
- Service offerings will continue to be collected in baskets at the back of the
sanctuary until we have enough ushers to begin collecting by passing the offering
- Communion will be offered the first Sunday of each month. We will continue to
use the pre-packaged packets until we have a communion team to prepare the
traditional juice and bread cubes and communion plates, and have ushers to
- Fully vaccinated persons may remain unmasked in the kitchen. We encourage
unvaccinated persons to wear a mask and social distance while in the kitchen.
Those who would like to volunteer to work in the kitchen should be aware that
those people who are in the kitchen may not all be vaccinated.
- Outside groups will now be allowed to use our facility. Each group must
complete the Use of Building form for approval by Trustees as coordinated by the
Church Office. We encourage those who are unvaccinated to wear masks and
- Masks and hand sanitizer will now be offered at the Welcome Table.
Note: The table in front of the narthex doors will be removed.